Adam D. Cahn
"My name is Adam Cahn. Nearly 30 years ago, as a minor, I was the victim of a bad automobile accident. My family hired a solo attorney to sue on my behalf. My lawyer was a good man who always took our phone calls, talked to me like an adult and kept my family apprised of the case status. When he collected a substantial sum of money on my behalf, my family was thrilled. However, we were more impressed at the service this attorney provided. He was a gentleman, a professional and a friend."
Adam D. Cahn is a seasoned litigator whose primary focus is representing individuals in personal injury and medical malpractice matters at all levels of state and federal practice.
Mr. Cahn has a reputation for being a high-quality lawyer in the fields of personal injury and medical malpractice, lectures in the field of trial advocacy and is regularly sought by local newspapers, television and radio stations for his expertise on matters in the legal field. His honors include:
• National Trial Lawyers Organization Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New York state
• “Litigation Elite’s” Top 100 Litigators in New York in the field of personal injury
• New York’s Super Lawyers™, 2010 - 2012
• Life member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
• Montclair's Who's Who Among Law Professionals
• Multiple appearances in the New York Law Journal’s Top New York Verdicts
Mr. Cahn has obtained numerous verdicts throughout New York state on cases involving products liability, medical malpractice, lead paint exposure, sexual harassment and general negligence. His litigation background has included criminal defense, corporate and commercial representation.
Cahn has successfully recovered more than $150 million on behalf of his clients through verdicts, mediations, arbitrations and settlements. Some of his successes include an $11 million settlement during trial against a major automobile manufacturer; a $9 million verdict for a woman who suffered a traumatic brain injury in an automobile accident; a $4.8 million settlement for an individual run over by an out of control car; several undisclosed multimillion-dollar verdicts against local churches for sexual assaults by clergy; a $2.9 million verdict for a woman whose doctor failed to diagnose colon cancer; a $2.7 million settlement during trial for an infant caused to suffer a severe shoulder injury during birth due to improper delivery techniques; a $1.24 million verdict for lead poisoning to an infant; a $1 million verdict for a warehouse manager who fell from a defective roof; and a $1 million verdict involving the mal-positioning of a patients arm during hernia surgery.
Mr. Cahn earned his law degree at night from Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, while juggling a full-time job in real estate finance. At Touro, he was a member of Law Review and received American Jurisprudence Award for outstanding achievement in both Trial Practice and Alternate Dispute Resolution. He co-founded the Touro Environmental Law Journal and was a recipient of the Gary M. Schwartz Fellowship, for which he was awarded a paid judicial internship.
He received his undergraduate degree in business management from the A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Premises Liability
- New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2006
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2006
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2006
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Awards for outstanding in Trial Practice & ADR
- Honors: Recipient, Gary M. Schwartz Fellowship
- Law Review: Touro College of Law review
- Law Journal: Environmental Law Journal
- A. B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University
- Major: Business Management
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers