Many city dwellers live in apartment buildings that hold up to 56,000 people in a multibuilding complex. Whether you are a young child, an elderly citizen, an active teenager or an adult, if you are injured in an apartment building due to the negligence of the property owner — we would like to speak to you.
Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss, LLP, is a personal injury law firm focused 100 percent on the representation of the victims of accidents and people with injuries caused by the negligence of others. We are not a general practice. We offer serious help for serious injuries.
We obtained $155,000 for a Bronx girl who lost the tip of her finger when an apartment door closed on her finger. In turns out that the door's hinge was defective.
Does Your Case Involve Any Of The Following?
Our personal injury attorneys have been able to help individuals with a wide range of apartment building accident injuries caused by a wide range of factors. Please contact our law firm to discuss the facts of your case if you've suffered a serious injury related to any of the following situations or scenarios:
- Mitchell-Lama affordable rental and cooperative housing — Were all the safety criteria met or did a safety violation lead to an injury?
- New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) housing project — Are there safety guards on the windows to prevent children from falling out?
- New York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC) building — Have the owners cared for the perimeter sidewalk properly to prevent pedestrian injuries?
- Private apartment building — Are the "no animal" signs in your building routinely ignored?
- Private condominium — Is the hot water heater set properly to prevent scalding injuries?
- Rental apartment building — Did a leaky roof cause a slippery marble floor in the lobby area?
- Section 8 housing — Are the stairwells properly lit to prevent falls? Are there broken tiles in the lobby to cause a slip-and-fall accident?
Property owners are, in general, responsible for any injury which occurs on their property if there was negligence or an error involved. Please contact our law firm if you suffered a personal injury due to an apartment owner's or renter's negligence.
Free Consultation ∙ Se Habla Español
The New York landlord negligence lawyers at Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss, LLP, are skilled and aggressive trial lawyers with years of experience helping thousands of clients. To learn more about our law firm or to request a free initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer, please call 212-571-7171.