Need To Change Lawyers?

If you had a lingering health condition, you might seek a second opinion with a different doctor. The same applies when you have a legal case that is not going well. You have every right to change lawyers.

The law firm of Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss is frequently hired to take over personal injury cases when plaintiffs are dissatisfied with the progress of their case or the conduct of their present attorneys. We have a reputation for personalized attention and a proven record of results. We can help you "pick up the pieces" and move forward.

Yes, You Can Switch Your Lawyers

Arrange a consultation to discuss hiring Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss as your new legal counsel. We will explain how simple it is to terminate your current arrangement and transition your case to our legal team.

Why Clients Fire Their Attorneys

One of the top complaints about (bad) lawyers is that they are not responsive. It is frustrating when your phone calls or emails are not returned for days or weeks, especially when your life is upside down because of a serious injury in the family.

If you want to switch lawyers, it is as simple as filing a consent to change attorney form with the court and then sending a stop work letter to the attorney who was representing you. Our law firm will coordinate with them to take over your case. Your legal fee will not increase — when your case settles, some of the proceeds may go to your original lawyer — but that comes out of the attorney fees (our share, not your share).

Is it malpractice?
In the worst-case scenario, your prior lawyer may have permanently harmed your case due to his or her incompetence or neglect. If you have suffered financial loss because of your former attorney's misconduct, you may have grounds to pursue a legal malpractice lawsuit against that lawyer. Sakkas Cahn & Weiss LLP represents plaintiffs in lawyer malpractice cases.

Discover Why Others Have Switched To Our Firm

We regularly take over cases that other lawyers were not equipped to handle. We often get results in cases that the previous attorney deemed hopeless. And we consistently hear from clients that our personalized service is night and day from the first law firm they hired.

Please call us at 212-571-7171 or contact us online to discuss your situation. Once you have signed an agreement to hire Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss as your legal counsel, we can facilitate the transfer and get started on your personal injury case. We aim to make the process as smooth as possible for you.