Did A Professional Make The Problem Worse?
When people turn to doctors or lawyers for help, they expect those professionals to make the situation better, not worse. Unfortunately, mistakes happen and, all too often, the consequences are devastating.
At Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss, LLP, we are dedicated to helping people who have suffered serious and life-altering injuries and losses as a result of medical malpractice by health care professionals and legal malpractice by lawyers.
From our law offices in Lower Manhattan, our malpractice attorneys provide aggressive and trustworthy representation for injury victims in all five boroughs of New York City and throughout the tri-state area.
Medical Malpractice Cases Call For Exceptional Legal Ability
Medical malpractice cases are complex. They require years of experience and extraordinary legal skill. Our experienced trial lawyers have practiced law in New York for decades. During that time, they have successfully recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for the victims of medical malpractice and other serious personal injuries.
At our law firm, we handle medical negligence claims, including:
- Bedsores — Also called pressure ulcers, these painful sores are commonly caused by nursing home negligence.
- Birth injuries to infants — Such injuries may include cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, brain damage and other problems due to improper birthing techniques, malpositioning of the baby, failure to conduct a C-section and other mistakes.
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis — Such cases often involve a doctor’s failure to diagnose cancer, heart disease or stroke in a timely manner.
- Medication mistakes — Pharmacists, physicians and nurses can all make mistakes in regard to dosage, drug interactions and more.
- Mistakes made by dentists — Dental malpractice often involves nerve injuries, anesthesia injuries, jaw damage and other problems.
- Surgical mistakes — Wrong-site surgery, objects left behind and failure to prevent infection are just a few types of common surgical errors.
We obtained a $1.5 million settlement for someone who was injured when the hospital failed to appropriately diagnose and treat a spinal epidural abscess.
Trust, Loyalty And Commitment
Because of the demanding nature of malpractice claims, at Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss, LLP, we limit our caseload to ensure that our clients get the quality legal representation and care they require.
We have recovered millions for our clients — let our experience work for you.