Don’t Assume A Slip Or Trip Was Your Fault
Slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accidents can cause serious injuries. Sometimes the injured party was simply clumsy or not paying attention. However, there are times when the accident was due to the property owner’s negligence in failing to maintain safe conditions. In this situation, the property owner is legally responsible for your injuries.
Common causes of slip-and-fall accidents include:
- Broken and unsafe sidewalks
- Failing to put down matting on a slippery floor on a rainy day
- Failing to properly remove snow and ice
- Failing to clean floors properly after merchandise has been spilled in a store
- Failing to put up signs to warn people of slippery floors
- Failing to maintain adequate lighting in stairwells
- Failing to properly secure carpeting
- Elevators or escalators that malfunction
- Failure to have handrails where required
- Blocking aisles with merchandise
- Unsafe roof conditions
Don’t blame yourself. Call the experienced lawyers at Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss, LLP.
In one of our notable verdicts and settlements, we recovered more than $1 million for a warehouse manager who fell due to ice building on a roof, suffering nerve damage and a broken foot. In another, we recovered $800,000 for firefighters who suffered burns due to faulty equipment. In yet another case, we recovered $900,000 for an elderly man who fell from a raised platform while attending a wedding.
If you need legal assistance with a claim involving slip-and-fall injuries in New York City or elsewhere, contact the attorneys at Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss, LLP for a free consultation: 212-571-7171.
We have recovered millions for our clients — let our experience work for you.