What To Expect At The First Consultation
If you have been seriously injured, the last thing you may want to do is to pick up the phone and call an unknown number to set up a meeting with someone you’ve never met. After all, how do you know what to expect? Will you be passed around from receptionist to case manager to paralegal and back again? Will the lawyer treat you arrogantly, look down on you or use lots of legal jargon you can’t understand?
At Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss, LLP, we want to relieve your fears and set your mind at ease. Our goal truly is to help you through this difficult time in your life, not to make things harder for you.
Here are a few things you should know about the first consultation with us:
- It doesn’t cost anything. You can leave your credit card or checkbook at home. The initial consultation is absolutely free.
- You will almost always meet with an actual attorney. You will have a chance to get to know the person representing you. You won’t be relegated to a case manager or shuttled back and forth among dozens of staff members.
- We’ll give you the time you need and listen closely. Whether your story takes 15 minutes or an hour, we want to hear it. We’ll also take notes and ask relevant questions about your accident or injury.
- We speak multiple languages. If you’re more comfortable conversing in Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew or Arabic, we can accommodate you.
- We have four office locations. Although our primary office is in Manhattan, New York, we can also meet you at our Long Island, New Jersey or Connecticut office.
- We get paid only if we’re successful. Because we charge contingency fees, our paychecks are directly tied to winning or settling the case for you.