Helping Vehicle Accident Victims In New York And Beyond
Whether driving down the highway or watching the news, it is hard to escape the fact that vehicular accidents continue to increase year by year. Unfortunately, as the number of accidents climbs, the odds of you or a loved one becoming a casualty grow higher.
Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss, LLP, focuses 100% on personal injury litigation. We are a personal injury law firm dedicated to helping victims of accidents and injuries caused by the negligence of others. We are not a general practice. We offer serious help for serious injuries.
We obtained $4.8 million for a Manhattan resident who was hit and dragged by a car. The victim suffered many fractures and abdominal injuries. We called many experts and showed that our client’s injuries would require a lifetime of care – and the money to pay for that care.
We’ve Recovered Millions In All Kinds Of Transportation Accident Cases
At Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss, LLP, we have recovered millions for our clients. Our experience can be put to work on your behalf. Our personal injury attorneys handle the full range of transportation and motor vehicle accident injuries, including:
- Airplane accidents – Our law firm has experience with plane crash cases and the life-changing injuries that often result.
- Auto accidents – We represent individuals who have suffered serious injuries in all types of car crashes in New York.
- Bicycle accidents – Bicycle riders often suffer traumatic brain injuries and broken bones when they are hit by motor vehicles. We can help.
- Bike messenger injuries – We understand the unique issues that come into play in accidents involving bike messengers.
- Bus and subway accidents – If you were injured by mass transportation, our attorneys can help you take appropriate legal action.
- Commercial vehicle collisions – We represent clients who have been harmed in crashes involving garbage trucks, construction vehicles and more.
- Drunk driving accidents – Our lawyers are experienced in cases involving drivers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Distracted driving accidents – Our attorneys can help ensure that your rights are protected after a collision with a texting teen or another distracted driver.
- Fatal crashes – If you lost a loved one in a fatal car accident, we can advise you of your rights.
- Ferry accidents – Such accidents can range from slips, trips and falls aboard the ferry to drownings when passengers fall overboard.
- Motorcycle accidents – Our attorneys have the skill to handle complex motorcycle accident cases and pursue maximum compensation.
- Pedestrian accidents – A serious injury can affect you for the rest of your life. We can help you pursue compensation.
- Taxi, limousine/car service crashes – Let our attorneys handle the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on healing.
- Train accidents – Train conductors, train companies and other parties need to be held accountable for negligence that leads to accidents.
- Truck accidents – When a truck driver or trucking company fails to act responsibly, working with our firm can help ensure that you are properly compensated for your injuries.
The Three Most Asked Accident Questions
Different types of accidents mean that different people or entities may be liable or responsible for damages.
What are “damages”?
“Damages” mean financial compensation that can cover the physical, property or emotional loss of a person involved in an accident caused by someone else. You may wish to pursue many types of financial compensation after an accident.
What type of compensation can I claim after a New York car accident case?
Every state is different as to the laws regarding what types of damages accident victims can pursue. The available damages will depend on the type of accident and what happened. Generally speaking, you can sue for property damages such as the damage to your vehicle (even if you did not suffer injuries), medical expenses, lost current and future wages, pain and suffering, and compensation for a wrongful death if you lost a family member in the accident.
An attorney can review your case and offer specific guidance. Third-party lawsuits may also be prudent to pursue (such as suing the bar or tavern that overserved the drunk driver who caused the accident, or the manufacturer of a faulty brake that resulted in an accident). Punitive damages, meant to send a message to the responsible party when egregious disregard for safety was a facet of the accident or injury, are also possible to pursue in New York.
How much does it cost me to hire a lawyer for my car accident?
It costs nothing to hire an attorney. Our team works on a contingency fee basis in injury cases. This means you pay us nothing unless we take your case and win a settlement out of court or a verdict in court for you. Then we take an agreed-upon percentage.
Free Consultation ∙ Se Habla Español
Our New York personal injury lawyers at Sakkas, Cahn & Weiss, LLP, are skilled and aggressive trial lawyers with years of experience helping thousands of clients. Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for clients in verdicts and settlements, as well as through mediation and arbitration.